North West Christchurch Community Sporting Trust Inc
Formerly constituted on 15 December 2009, it is a registered charitable trust that was established to provide for facilities at St Bede's College for participation, promotion, training and support in all aspects of athletic or sporting pursuits.
Principally the Trust has the power to:
- Acquire by purchase or lease land for sporting facilities
- provide funding for facilities, grounds, equipment and buildings for the development of sports facilities at St Bede's College for the benefit of the Community.
Trustees and Groups they Represent
- Mark Connell (Chair) - BOP
- Justin Boyle - BOP
- Tony Murdoch (Secretary/ Treasurer) - BOP
- Nick Harris - Marist Hockey Club
- Mark Radburnd
- Terry Williamson
- Norm Withers - Papanui - Shirley Community Board
Serving the Community
The North West Christchurch Community Sporting Trust has as its focus the provision of sporting facilities at St Bede's College for the use of students and for the wider community. Prior to the establishment of the trust there was widespread community usage of the College's grounds and facilities. These facilities include 4 rugby fields, 4 cricket pitches, 2 tennis courts, 2 football fields, gymnasium: full sized basketball court; badminton; volleyball.
The Trust acknowledges the support of the following:
Abbot Group, Active Refrigeration, Art Fetiche, Calcon, Ford Baker, Hair Art, Harris Meats (Cheviots) Ltd, Hellers Ltd, Independent Fisheries, Kendon Scott McDonald, KPMG, Novus, Rhino Fire Security, Sports Technology International NZ Ltd, Strait Freight
Canterbury Hockey, Christchurch City Council, Marist Hockey, St Bede's College Hockey Club, Clare Kissick, John Golding, Ray Malone